Can Acupuncture Support Weight Loss?
If you struggle with your weight you are not alone. In fact 30% of adults in the United States are considered obese. Americans spend billions each year to lose weight, yet the number of obese adults continues to rise. Unfortunately, excess weight is not just a cosmetic issue. Being overweight is a risk factor for many conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
At Opus Total Health we offer a 3 part approach to reducing the health risks related to being overweight. Unfortunately there are no “magic” acupuncture points that will stimulate your body to lose weight on their own. You’ll need to change your diet and lifestyle, too. Acupuncture can make the process much easier by helping you have enough energy to desire exercise, and support your body to be drawn to foods that are best for your health! One protocol we have tried here at Opus with good results is the Standard Process 21 Day Purification Protocol with the addition of acupuncture. See the steps below to better understand how the protocol works.
Part One- Improve your health with the Standard Process 21 Day Purification Protocol. Purification supports your body in 5 important ways:
1. Strengthen Immunity: Cleansing impurities and flooding the body with high grade essential nutrients supports the immune system.
2. Lose Weight: Cleansing aids in the body’s ability to flush fat and increase metabolism.
3. Eliminate Unhealthy Cravings: A healthy body will crave healthy things. Cleansing and replenishing allows the internal body to create an environment that promotes craving for nutritious food.
4. Beautify the Skin: Our skin is our largest organ in the body. Cleansing and replenishing rejuvenates our skin making our skin more supple with a younger appearance.
5. Create Abundant Energy: Better sleep cycles achieved through cleansing can provide the body with stamina, energy and mental clarity.
Part Two- Regulate your digestive enzymes to assist your body in maintaining proper balance between absorption and excretion. The way your body uses food and eliminates the waste and toxins is key to weight loss and health. Once we evaluate your health we can make recommendations about which supplements you will need. In addition acupuncture can support your body to generate a more efficient digestive process.
Part Three- Reduce urges and cravings with the use of acupuncture. Many people experience cravings while dieting. Cravings in the body are very often due to the lack of circulating endorphins. Acupuncture releases endorphins in your body to help reduce these cravings. Acupuncture also helps by supporting your body’s digestive process. At Opus Acupuncture we take a holistic or whole body approach. By taking your whole self into account we can get to the root cause of your problem to help you reach your weight loss goal.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.